“Community involvement is not social or political, you take action because it is right”
Our Family have always put an emphasis on attempting to do what is right for our community. Helping those who are in need and volunteering where we can to assist others.
We were blessed to have our daughter Madison with us for 2.5 years, she passed from complications of Spinal Muscular Atrophy in 2004. Out of the love for her we had to do something to ease our pain if you will but to help others.
- Madison Claire Foundation: was started providing a number of resources for those with disabilities in the Woodbury area, then Dana saw a post on the Today show in regards to All-Inclusive playgrounds, so we put our efforts towards designing and building one for the City of Woodbury “Madison Place”. We are now in the process of designing and fundraising for another park in Stillwater/ New Heights Charter School. Please visit www.madisonclairefoundation.org for details.
- Adopt A Room Foundation: Founded with a friend Brian Schepperle and our Architect Chuck Knight we helped design and build the University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital. https://www.mhealth.org/childrens/giving-and-volunteering-pediatric/adopt-a-room Our Tag line was “we may not be able to control the illness but we can control the environment. Changed the way hospital rooms are built. www.adoptaroom.org
- Dave serves on the Woodbury Prayer Breakfast Board, annual community breakfast for Prayer in Woodbury.
- Has Coached all levels of Youth Hockey for White Bear Lake and Woodbury since 1977
- We help where ever we can.